You are always WELCOME to join our General Meeting!!
The San Diego Black Nurses Association, Inc (SDBNA) cordially invites new and returning members to join us for our membership drive. This is a year-round event. We are always looking for new members; we welcome ALL nurses and nursing students, without regard to age, race, gender, disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic and veteran status. SDBNA is a 501c3 non-profit community service organization. We have many Community Collaboratives and partners who support our vision. We provide services and education to the uninsured and underinsured residents in San Diego’s Southeastern Communities. We know that individuals in these communities are disproportionately affected by high rates of cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes and other health issues.
The vision of SDBNA is to be the premier provider of Health Education and Health Promotion, to achieve optimum health through a continuum of care for African Americans and other underserved populations in the San Diego Community.
Who can Join
As a member, you will join over 150,000 nurses that NBNA represents and those who recognize the value of belonging to the only professional African American nursing association, with more than 90 chapters.
- RN, LVN, LPN-Employed or Retired
- Students enrolled Nursing programs
Benefits of Joining
- Leadership opportunities through committees
- Profile accomplishments through blogging, newsletter articles
- Newsletter/website access to broaden and maintain communication
- Nurse of the Year Recognition for outstanding contribution of a individual member
- Annual nursing scholarships to qualified deserving members
- Free Continuing Education contact hours
- Serve the community through outreach, education, screening, Annual Flu Kick-Off and our Annual Health Expo
- Mentoring, facilitating resources and support to our members, promoting professional growth to develop the next generation of leaders
- Professional networking, participate in nursing research and access to employment opportunities
- National Black Nurses Association Member Benefits-see website for details-www.nbna.org
- Speaking engagement at National and Local level
- A unified voice for the profession of nursing in Washington to address public policy issues
- NBNA Scholarships and Awards Programs- offered to all levels of nursing students to continue and complete their nursing education
- Lifetime Membership with complimentary conference registration in the year final payment is made
By becoming a SDBNA member, you join an elite group of passionate, dedicated professional nurses. Their volunteer efforts make a difference in the communities they serve. SDBNA support and promote ethnic diversity through collaboration with the San Diego National Association of Hispanic Nurses and the Philippine Nursing Association of San Diego, community leaders and partners promoting healthy life styles.