Accolades & Accomplishments
SDBNA Members Accomplishments!!
NURSE OF THE YEAR 2016: DOROTHY MUNSS. THANK YOU SDBNA! Being honored with the Nurse of the Year Award for 2016 was a great surprise and an honor. I was previously honored with this prestigious award in 2008 and it is humbling to be selected a second time.
I joined the San Diego Black Nurses Association in 1976. I have been a very active member serving in many roles including President twice.
Now retired, my availability is limited by the responsibilities of care giving for my husband, but I continue to an active fundraiser, donator and health educator in the many activities of SDBNA.
• Dr. Barbara West recently participated in the VA Hospital Black History Month Celebration. She received a Merit Certificate presented by Dr. Robert Smith, Director of the VA San Diego HealthCare System.
• Congratulations to Lottie Harris on her 2016 NAACP Freedom Fund Honoree
• Congratulations to Dr. Barbara West on her selection to the Susan G. Komen, San Diego Circle of Promise Advisory Board.
• Norine Siglar-Graduating from National University on 6/11/2016 with a BSN in Nursing
• Dr. Barbara West-Promotion to Nurse III Utilization Management Coordinator at the VA Hospital
• Michelle Booker-Stewart- Has a new position as Clinical Supervisor for Neurology and Endocrinology at Kaiser Permanente
• Pandora Lockwood-2016 Honoree for Twenty-Seventh Annual Breakfast for MiLady, “ A Tribute to Mothers” by the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
• Carole Norman- Made the front page of Union-Tribune March 2016 for work with HIV AIDS. Carole will also be the honored speaker at SEIU Local 221’s Juneteenth Celebration..
• Ethel Weekly-Avant-Recognize by Assemblyperson Shirley Weber February 2016, “Salute to Women Leaders”.
• Congratulations to Thelma Harris on her new position:
Business Development Manager, Nurse Family Partnership.
• Congratulations to Geri Zollicoffer on her new position:
Clinical Research Coordinator
Henry M. Jackson Foundation
Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program
Naval Regional Medical Center, San Diego
June 08, 2016
May 19, 2016
May 19, 2016