Accolades & Accomplishments
SDBNA Members Accomplishments!!
• Dr. Barbara West recently participated in the VA Hospital Black History Month Celebration. She received a Merit Certificate presented by Dr. Robert Smith, Director of the VA San Diego HealthCare System.
• Congratulations to Holly J. Jones, PhD, RN, CFNP on the publishing of her article. “A Qualitative Understanding of Midlife Sources of Stress and Support in African-American Women”. The article was published in the July 2016 edition of The Journal of the National Black Nurses Association, Volume 27, Number 1.
• Congratulations to Lottie Harris on her 2016 NAACP Freedom Fund Honoree
• Congratulations to Dr. Barbara West on her selection to the Susan G. Komen, San Diego Circle of Promise Advisory Board.
• Norine Siglar-Graduating from National University on 6/11/2016 with a BSN in Nursing
• Dr. Barbara West-Promotion to Nurse III Utilization Management Coordinator at the VA Hospital
• Michelle Booker-Stewart- Has a new position as Clinical Supervisor for Neurology and Endocrinology at Kaiser Permanente
• Pandora Lockwood-2016 Honoree for Twenty-Seventh Annual Breakfast for MiLady, “ A Tribute to Mothers” by the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
• Carole Norman- Made the front page of Union-Tribune March 2016 for work with HIV AIDS. Carole will also be the honored speaker at SEIU Local 221’s Juneteenth Celebration..
• Ethel Weekly-Avant-Recognize by Assemblyperson Shirley Weber February 2016, “Salute to Women Leaders”.
June 08, 2016
May 19, 2016
May 19, 2016